Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Morning Sickness Sucks!! and at the same time in surrogacy it is a relief to have it...

Yes I know that title sounds funny, but its true.  IVF and surrogacy is so different than just a normal pregnancy.  With all of my own I only had morning sickness with my first, and it was horrible!  I threw up for 16 weeks straight every day all day non stop!  One morning woke up and felt good... never threw up again and it was a good pregnancy the rest of the way through.  My other three while I had a bit of nausea here and there, no real big deal. 

Now this pregnancy is totally different.  I think it is because there is more risk at the beginning of losing it or it not working.  So as a surrogate, for me I have always been looking for a sign that in fact I am still pregnant. Once pregnancy is confirmed, there is a lot more monitoring that goes on as a surrogate than with a normal pregnancy.  So we look forward to these weekly appointments, for blood work and monitoring as it confirms every week that things are going well and staying on track.  In between each appointment though there is 6-7 days and if you feel real good and seem to have no symptoms, you begin to worry, or at least I have.  Just before my first beta test to confirm pregnancy I was getting a little nausea happening, nothing big just a little, which was enough for me to know the pregnancy was happening.  A few weeks later, after seeing heartbeats on ultrasound, I had two days were I felt great... so then worry set it.  What if something has happened and they stopped growing ... I had to go buy another pregnancy test, just to ease my mind.  A few days later I felt yucky again and had another monitoring appointment and of course all was well!

I sit and think about this, and I had none of these concerns with my own pregnancies.  I knew I was pregnant and all was good.  This time it is just so different, and so many other things to think about.  So since my last appointment almost a week ago, my morning sickness as progressively gotten worse every day!  Thankfully I am not throwing up as of yet, I really fight that till the bitter end.  Of all things... I hate to throw up!!  So on the positive side, I have not been worried about the pregnancy all week, with the way I am feeling I know the little babes have to be growing with leaps and bounds.  Getting excited for tomorrows ultrasound, can't wait to see the changes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment