Sunday, March 23, 2014

Am I too old for this now?

So after talking things over with my wonderful husband, he said he was totally onboard if that is what I wanted to do, and he would support me all the way.  I started to check into surrogate agencies.  At this time I was 40 years old with 2 recent pregnancies within the last 5 years. According to the agencies I was finding that many fertility clinics would not work with a surrogate over the age of 38 and even most couples did not want to work with a woman that old.

The whole agency thing gave me a weird feeling anyway. Not that they are bad or anything, it made it feel more like a "business" and I just do not feel that way about surrogacy.  I did some research on my own, and came to find that there are clinics out there that work with surrogates up to age 45. So my next step was to find a couple that I could connect with and one that was not concerned about my age and that we could find a clinic to work with me and my age.

I found a few surrogate sites online to join and talk to other surrogates and couples who are looking for surrogates.  I learned new internet lingo for this experience, IP's are intended parents, a TS is a traditional surrogate (one that uses her own egg), a GS is a gestational surrogate (what I wanted to do).  For just over a year I talked and chatted with all different types of people.  Nothing seemed to be falling in place together.  I was beginning to feel that it was just not in the cards for me to take this journey.  I had actually stopped checking the surrogate sites, and was really just trying to forget about the thought.

Months later I had a email show up asking me if I was still interested in becoming a surrogate...

No comments:

Post a Comment