Friday, March 21, 2014

Getting to where I am today...

So after learning all that I did 20+ years ago, I decided to put the surrogate thing out of mind, and I did for quite a few years.  I had one more daughter 5 years after my first, and then was not planning anymore children.  I had a friend who was having a hard time trying to have a baby.  I was by her side through a number of miscarriages.  It was a rough time.  She wanted a baby so bad, and while she could get pregnant, she could not stay pregnant.  I joked with her that if the doctors could take her eggs and daddy's sperm and put them together I would carry it for her.  It really wasn't a joke and I really would have done that for her if it came down to it.  I had read about that type of surrogate and things were really changing in fertility compared to how it was when my first daughter was born. After some time and the right doctor for her, she finally was able to have her own baby, and since then has had two more. :-)

 When my second daughter was 9, I met the man of my dreams and didn't even know I was looking for him.  There is no doubt he was meant for me and I was meant for him.  We have been together for over 7 years now, and still have not had one disagreement, argument, cross word etc... We are so in sync together it is absolutely awesome!  Well we had two more children, 2 boys 15 months apart.  After the second we were not going to have anymore, but I started to give the surrogate thing a thought or two again. Started to check into the "the gestational surrogate", which is not my baby at all.  They use egg and sperm from couple and implant the embryo.  This is really something I think I could do for someone.  My weird way of looking at it, is I am just the incubator for someone else who is not able to carry a baby for whatever reason.
So on to the search for more info about gestational surrogacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment