Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lupron Shots, past the intimidation...



Well I have been giving myself shots now for just over a week.  It is still just a tad daunting every time I put that needle to my skin, but overall it is not really a big deal.  My first shot I gave to myself in the evening.  Living on a farm I still had nightly animal chores to do before bed, which means a bit of walking around for me.  I had just a tiny bit of discomfort at the injection site or maybe even just being able to feel it in my leg muscle while I was walking around finishing up all my night time chores.  So the next night I gave myself the shot just before I went to bed.  Other than just feeling the shot itself, which over all is not painful, just a bit irritating... no issues with the shot.  I went to sleep as normal and felt nothing when I woke in the morning.  So for me, I have discovered that I will do the injection just before bed and I have not noticed any other side effects or discomforts.

Tomorrow will be my next mid lining check, and blood work.  Lets hope that everything is where the clinic would like it to be, so that we can get geared up for cycle next month and embryo transfer.

I was thinking I kind of skipped over some details between posts.  From the clinic day to being intimidated by shots.  The month in between I was on medication (pill form) to evaluate the lining of my uterus.  The medication I was on was suppose to stop me from ovulating so that they could see the lining of my uterus.  Well I ovulated right through the medicine.  So we had to start the process over again with stronger meds this month.  So here is to hoping the ultrasound lining check tomorrow and bloodwork shows that I did not ovulate this month and that all levels are where they want them.

Keeping fingers crossed.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment