Friday, June 6, 2014

One Step Closer...

Well I have been lax at getting this post out,  I started to write it about a week ago.  The day after Memorial day I had my ultrasound appointment to check the lining of my uterus and blood work done to check other hormone levels.  Wednesday my clinic received the official results of all my test.  My body has done all they wanted it to this past  month on the new medicine protocol. The ultrasound check is to see if my uterus is getting thick and fluffy from the meds they have given me.  They said they would be happy with an 8 and mine was at 13, so that was awesome! (these numbers are a measurement of thickness in the uterus lining)  So this means we are ready to move on to the real cycle.  They will sync my cycle with the lady who is donating her eggs. Everyone is happy and excited for the next step.  I do not have to give my self any more shots for the next 10 days and for a couple of weeks after that.  For the 10 days following my results I will be taking half of the estrogen amount I was on, and a new one called prometrium (progesterone).  I do have to say the first night I took those pills, I was extremely dizzy!  I felt like someone had fed me a serious narcotic.  I do not normally have much reaction to any medicines, and when they say there are all these side effects, I generally feel or notice none of them.  This was not a good feeling.  I could not even walk steady.  So talking to my clinic the next day, they told me I could take them as a suppository instead of orally, and that it would cut down on my side effects.  It did, and I will only take them that way from now on.  While a vaginal suppository is not my most favorite thing, it beats the dizziness any day of the week.  Now we wait for my own cycle to kick in again.  As soon as my period starts, I will get the new protocol for cycle meds to get my body ready for transfer.  This is really turning into a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment