Thursday, June 19, 2014

So Close Yet So Far Away...

Well I started out rereading all my previous post today.  Back the middle of April we were thinking we would be going through transfer around the end of May to beginning of June.  Now here we are in the middle of June and finally have a planned cycle for embryo transfer the end of July.  It is exciting that we know we are getting closer, but a month and a half still seems so far away. (even though I really know it is not, and that things have only taken longer than originally thought because I am too fertile, ha ha)
So today I received my written instructions for cycle set up.  Now the clinic has to sync the egg donor's cycle and mine together.  Reading through all the instructions and med's I will be on and hormones... this should be interesting.  Next week I will start the lupron shots again, the following week blood work and ultrasound, week after that more hormones, next week after that, blood work to checks hormone levels.  By the 17th of July there should be another ultrasound and more blood work, and then some more hormones and medicines to get ready for transfer, which if all goes as planned will be scheduled for the 27th of July.
Soon as I saw my email from the clinic, the guys got their copy also.  We were texting with in minutes of each other, we are all starting to get really excited and anxious.  I have joined this one support group on facebook, that all the surrogates are going through transfers in June and July, so we all get to share our experiences together.  Most of these ladies are a real hoot, have me laughing everyday.  One of the big things many of them do is to wear lucky socks to their transfer appointment.  So I am off to amazon and or ebay to find some nifty lucky socks to wear.  Getting into the spirit of this!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment