Saturday, July 26, 2014

Countdown to Transfer Time...

Sitting my rump on a heating pad writing a long over due post.  Well really there has not been too much to talk about.  Cycle itself has not been very "exciting".  Have just been taking a crap load of meds and getting my body ready.  Here is what my nightly routine has looked like for the past month.
First two round pills are my chewable vitamin c's, then the white one is my calcium/magnesium pill, then my prenatal vitamin with folic acid, little round clear ball is the vitamin d3, which I was a touch low in, next little yellow one is my baby aspirin and the two little blue ones are the estrace, with the lupron shot to top it all off.

A week ago I had my uterus lining check and bloodwork, all was great and ready to go.  The lady who is donating eggs for this was moving a bit slower... so I was put into holding pattern while her cycle ramped up a little more.  Her eggs are ready now and they are retreiving them today.  So that means my meds changed today to get ready for transfer.  Had to start the dreaded progesterone shot. Here just so you can see the difference between lupron and progesterone... 

The needle alone is enough to intimidate you... or at least me.  I have to have one of these injections every day now, for weeks.  I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who did an awesome job of my first injection today.  It is a very thick oil, so that is why I am sitting on a heating pad to help the oil spread out in my rump muscle.  There is even more pills added to my mixture today for the next 5 days.

So while I have been typing this, my IF's have sent me notice that the egg donor's retrieval went well and they were able to get 13 eggs.  Now the clinic will be fertilizing the eggs with their sperm and one from each dad will be transferred to me on Thursday!

Monday we will be on the road to their house, we planned to spend some time together before transfer just hanging out and bonding more over our upcoming journey!

The one exciting thing that has been going on this month is watching my guys get so excited the closer we get.  I get text message pics of them baby stuff shopping.  It's so awesome to see them so excited!!

Packing things up and have my lucky socks in tow and my beautiful lucky charm bracelet (although wearing my bracelet all the time, only wearing socks for transfer day lol)
Will post updates after transfer!!  Till next week... "sticky thoughts"!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment